Water Heaters Services In Boring, Gresham, Fairview, NE Portland, Damascus, OR, And Surrounding Areas
Other Services That We Offer
Frequently Asked Question
Most furnaces last between 20 and 30 years. This doesn’t mean you should put off replacing your furnace before then. If your furnace has severe issues and needs regular repairs, consider replacing it after roughly 15 years.
The best approach to maximize the performance of your heating system is through professional maintenance. To ensure your furnace continues to operate effectively, change dirty filters every 3 to 4 months. Lower the thermostat to prevent your heater from working more to maintain the warmth and make it last longer.
It is important to know heater size before you consider a heater installation in the Boring, OR area. To calculate heater size in different units:
Wattage: The general formula with ceilings equal to 8 feet will be: The number of watts = area x 10.
The general formula with ceilings higher than 8 feet will be: The number of watts = area x height x 1.25.
BTU: The formula which can be used to convert from BTU to kW:
There are several reasons your heating might be making strange noises:
Screeching: Problems with a belt, bearing, or motor.
Chirping: When the unit has not been used for a while, this sound indicates the heat is coming.
Rattling: Indicates loose panel.
Clanging: Caused by expansion and contraction of the metal.
Knocking: Damaged or cracked belt or bad bearings.
Humming: Improper lubrication.
- If your furnace is older, it may be a good idea to turn off the pilot light.
- If you have a high-efficiency gas furnace, you don’t need to turn off your furnace for the summer because an electronic ignition has replaced the pilot light.
- If you have a forced air heater, you should leave it on throughout the summer because it might control the operation of the AC fan.
- Improper maintenance
- Clogged air filters
- Broken thermostat
- Faulty ignition control or pilot light
- No heat
- Frequent cycling
Tips to prevent the need for heating repair in Gresham include:
- Replace the air filters.
- Make routine maintenance visits.
- Watch out for dirt.
- Observe your settings.
- Control the indoor humidity.